Dual Enrollment

What is Dual Enrollment?

Dual enrollment allows high school students to take college classes while they are still enrolled in high school.

At RHS, these classes count ONLY for college credit (Not high school credit). High school students who complete dual enrollment classes generally take fewer classes in college and save money on total college costs.

Where do I take dual enrollment?

Most dual enrollment classes are taken at a local community college or online.

To earn college credit, students must pass a dual enrollment class with a C or better. The grade earned will be part of the student’s college academic record. Unlike AP classes, students do not have to pass an exam to earn college credit. College admissions counselors may consider dual credit grades during the admissions process.

Do all colleges accept dual enrolled credit?

Not all colleges accept dual enrollment credits. An in-state public college is more likely to accept dual credit than out-of-state public colleges or private colleges. Students should research their options and meet with their college counselor before enrolling in a dual enrollment class.

Dual Enrollment vs. Advanced Placement Classes

Dual enrollment and Advanced Placement (AP) classes are both college-level courses that high school students can take for college credit. However, there are important differences to understand if you’re thinking about enrolling in either type of class.

AP students must take a standardized test at the end of the school year and receive a minimum score, determined by the college they attend, to receive credit. Dual enrollment students can receive college credit for passing the course. However, there is no guarantee that the college you attend will accept your dual enrollment credits.

Course length:

Dual enrollment courses often only last for one semester, meaning students earn college credit by taking a class for half of a typical school year.


Free for currently enrolled high school students as long as they do not take more than 11 units per semester at the college.

Who is our dual enrollment provider?

Our primary Dual Enrollment Program is offered through West Hills College Lemoore(WHC Lemoore). However, students have taken dual enrollment through both West Hills College Lemoore and College of Sequoias (COS).

-Excerpted Information from savingforcollege.com

Check out Get School's article with pros & cons of taking dual enrollment.

Concurrent Enrollment at WHC Lemoore: What Do I Do?

In order for you to take classes at West Hills College, please follow steps below:

Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Forms

Directions for West Hills College:

#1. Access the College application via the CaliforniaColleges.edu program by doing the following:

  • Log into californiacolleges.edu

  • Go to - College (top of page)

  • Select - California Community Colleges Application

  • Select Community College from drop down list

  • Launch

  • Create an Account

#2. Login to: https://westhillscollege.com/lemoore/admissions/special-admission.php, which describes the steps involved in the dual enrollment request process, and has a link to the web-based dual enrollment form under step 3.

This website includes video guides for students and parents. Parents must create an account with Dynamic Forms, a web-based form system, to approve their students application. The video guides cover this process.

Because many of the concurrent course offerings have a prerequisite requirement, students must upload a copy of their unofficial high school transcript for WHC advisors to evaluate. Please contact the College & Career Counselor or an Assistant Principal for a digital copy of your transcript.